- Job Type
Academies of Math and Science – 2016 Arizona Charter School of the Year
For Today’s Scholars – Tomorrow’s Global Visionaries
Are you dedicated to influencing positive changes in at-risk communities by preparing students for college and a successful life and career? As part of the AMS family, your role as a dedicated Principal is to use your superb leadership skills to ensure that our new campus excels academically while also attending to the important details that running a new school requires. Our passion is serving low-income neighborhoods and providing a STEM-focused education in conjunction with music, foreign language, and sports programs.
As we grow by roughly 30% each year, we seek intelligent, data-driven staff eager to uphold the same academic excellence that made our flagship school in Tucson the 2016 AZ Charter School of the Year. Our results and success support our belief that all students can succeed – no matter their background – with the right programs in place, and more importantly, the right people leading the way. That’s where you come in.
We're looking for a dynamic leader who can unite and motivate teachers towards the goal of academic excellence in a brand new campus. Our ideal principal will have experience with elementary education, ELL, instructional coaching; will set the example for work ethic on campus and have an inclusive but strong leadership style; and must be flexible, detail-oriented, and an excellent communicator.
Due to our growth, we will be opening a new campus for the 2020-2021 school year and are seeking a founding principal. The projected start date for this position is October 2019 in order to begin training as well as planning for the new campus.
Qualifications & competencies:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher
- At least 5 years of K-12 teaching experience and 3 years of admin experience
- Experience in working with ELL students
- Previous experience in teaching and/or leadership roles
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Data analysis experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel (preferably other MS Office programs as well)
- Dedication to going above & beyond for your students
- Commitment to helping at-risk students prepare for and succeed in college
- Be a graduate of a Top 20 University
- Have scored 95th + percentile scores in certification and aptitude tests
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Knowledge of instructional design and highly interactive or innovative instructional methods requiring active responses
- Knowledge of superior field-tested programs and methods such as Direct Instruction, Success for All, Structured Cooperative Learning, Core Knowledge, Expeditionary learning, and the Morningside Generative Model of Instruction
Why work for us?
- Competitive salaries and bonus pay
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision, retirement (with employer contributions), PTO, and disability and life insurance
- Supportive, collaborative culture with incredible coworkers and leaders
- Comprehensive training, follow-up coaching, PD, and professional learning communities
- Extensive opportunities for career mobility/advancement as our schools and network continue to grow and expand to new areas
- The chance to truly make a difference in the lives of children who may not otherwise have access to a high-quality education
Interested in working with us?
Apply through the link below. Please include:
- A detailed resume that demonstrates your experience and accomplishments
- A cover letter describing your data-supported outcomes from prior schools and passion for working with children from at-risk communities
Compensation: $70,000 - $90,000